Monday, October 18, 2004

WEEKEND EDITION - Band Photos, New Girlfriend and Dukes


As any saturday starts for me it usually is me waking up splashing water on my face and realizing that the weekend has just started and i wish i had more time in my life to enjoy the small things. Mad Machinery was set to do band photos with a friend of Dino's that he used to work with at MTV, so i met Dino up there an hour each way for 20 minute photo shoot (hey man the band rules if you dont think so click this and be the judge We were taking the usual "lineup" shots against a brick wall with Akil and I on opposite ends as we are the tallest in the group. we were sitting on the wall in one picture and the photographer says to me "hey do you want to adjust yourself..." I said "no baby, its rock and roll". Ed (bass) is a funny kid he was saying "we're a christian boy band" which was hilarious. Ed's girl thought the green sweater jacket i was wearing wasnt cool and said i should wear the black shirt underneath instead. good call! Akil and this friend of his drove me to the train and we were bullshitting about playing gigs and such. his friend was a nice girl.


Saturday evening - i got a black blaser and some cologne from Hugo Boss (Baldesari) the girl at the counter was nice and i told her i never think that cologne sticks to me well enough and she recommended the Hugo Boss and it smells amazing so i bit the bullet and bought it. I was meeting my Kaska (Kasia or Kaska is pronounced similarly in Polish) at 11:45 to head into the city and hit a lounge and club. we were to meet in the Platform in Hoboken and so i got ready at 10:00 listening to techno pumping me up! Boarding the train to Hoboken i noticed that the 5 o clock shadow thing is working good on me i may keep it but i doubt it as it gets itchy. at 11:45 my Kasia came down the steps the exact time the train hit the station, so as always our timing was incredible.

We arrived at the 14th street stop on the path and walked over to the Vento in the meat packing district. she was holding unto me very tightly as it was extremely brisk out. Outside of Vento we saw Dan Ackroyd coming out which was cool (i actually liked Dr Detroit really...!!) we waited about 2 minutes on the line then got right in (benefits of me being so dashingly handsome and my lady being 5'9 and gorgeous) we went in ordered a couple of drinks (gin and tonic and a grey goose vanilla and ginger ale) the place was packed to the nines and i really couldnt enjoy my time with her as i couldnt hear a word she was saying (tinitius and i cant read lips) so we headed to a couple of other places then she stayed with me in JC. I asked her to be my girl "officially" as i have very strong feelings for her and her to me. sometimes you can just tell by someones body language and outward behavior if they are into you for real. her answer was "I would love to". She was laughing hard when i asked her if she snored jokingly. i am a light sleeper so that's why i asked i want to make sure i got sleep.


Sunday morning - in the morning, me and my Babka (pet name for her) went to oddfellows for brunch and i had to cut it short as i had to go to Hawthorne by 1:48 for practice in yonkers (geez im a world traveler) i met Dino in Hawthorne and we grabbed some drinks and headed to Primetime to rehearse. Ed was outside waiting when we got there and we went in as Akil was practicing with his other band 6 dawg from 1-3, we had 3-5PM. we met Froggy (akils bassist who had a trachetomy) and Flipper Brick who shook our hands and it was good to meet "the other woman" in Akil's life so we can see the "competition". Practice was great, the JCM 900 amp i used was killer although it didnt have a clean channel for playing undistorted. we ran through the set and Ed, me, and Dino wrote 3 parts to a new riff that we are piecing together for a new song (stay tuned). After practice, Akil, Dino, and I hit Mcdonalds (CHEAT SUNDAYS!) i had a double cheeseburger and cried with every bite as i miss fast food. at the table, i asked Akil about his cool friend, and he said funny you say that she was asking about u..... now you are reading this and saying to yourself... DONT BE A DOG DAN, you are with Kasia... yes this is true but it is always this way... FEAST or Famine... either i win big or I lose big, never inbetween. my feelings for Kasia are very deep in such a short period of time but i cant deny any friendships or closing doors until i know what is out there... yes Dan is being selfish for once. After Mickey Bones (tm Fabian Camacho 2004) we were on the way home and i got a call from 97 to which i didnt answer as i am trying to not make her the forefront topic as it pains me deeply. listening back to the message, her brother passed away and she said to me and i tell u because u say i never tell u anything so i had to call her and say im sorry for her loss and if she needs to chat i am a call away. i am not evil and would never wish ill on anyone or turn on someone who is suffering thats what makes someone human and not a scumbag (i.e. Lemon).


Dukes - Bobby, Skupp, and i met up in the city as they were helping the band Mudvayne for a video. we watched the yankee game (yankees lost) and had the most amazing cake i've ever had its called Chocolate Coca Cola cake. we were like 3 young lions attacking a gazelle we devoured that within 2 minutes and demolished two buckets of Lone Star beer (yummy). there were 3 boston fans at the bar and we were heckling them like crazy. our server was a cool girl who lives in Journal square so we were bullshitting with her about living in JC etc. after 12 innings we were tired and went home joking and making up new noises like BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.... it doesnt take much to make us laugh!


Football - POPFL -i beat my cousin Pat this week and its bitter sweet as hes my main man and his team is awesome
<