Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Day 20 - Kevin, Kasha, and good service

Why is it the world seems better when u can share it with friends both old and new?

On my way to work today i was noticing how incredibly cold it was so i figured now may be a good time to pony up for a jacket. I asked Kev what he was up to and seeing if he wanted to come with.. Kev is a great guy and definitely someone i hit it off with immediately in fact when he was interviewing for my company the Operations person at the time who i was very close to asked me to interview him. I told her i knew Kev from working at a child company of my company and he was a good and responsible person. The interview basically was us bullshitting and I was definitely happy that he got the job as he is great at what he does. We have gotten to be better friends recently because we are close in age and work hard and party harder (i.e. Copacabana etc). We walk out of the Chrysler building and this lady was giving out free cookies for breast cancer. I was in a happy mood so i go to her "As much as i LOOVVVEEE cookies, and as much as I certainly love breasts, i have to decline" Kev was cracking up and we continued unto BR, Kenneth Cole, and Brooks Brothers. At Brooks Brothers, Kevin and i went up the escalator and saw bowties on manniquins we both had the same reaction, i said to Kevin "yo dude if you ever see me with a bowtie... ask no questions SHOOT ME and dispose of the body quick". We saw someone that used to work with Kevin and I and i got a wool heavy sweater to put over my current sweater in order to hold off the cold. Kev took me to a great leather jacket place... amazing deals i was about to buy one (brown leather) but i want to wait until it gets a little colder. On the way back to the office, Kevin said something i thought was great, hes like working with u is definitely a perk of the job. the feeling is definitely mutual.

I called Kasha to confirm what time we would meet up at 1:04PM. I kind of panicked at first because she didnt call me back until 3:30 (VIRGO!!!) . I told her to meet me in Union square at 6:30. After finishing up my day i got on the 4 train to Union Square and headed to Starbucks as i had 15 minutes to kill. i walked out of starbucks and there she was. yet again this girl surprised me and we kissed hello and went about walking to Sushi Samba on Park. On the way to sushi samba we were joking around and talking bout living in the city etc.

We had the same waiter that i had the last time i headed there and he treated us amazing. I asked about the Prix Fix to which he said no no no, you are a great customer let me prepare a special tasting menu (damn i only went there once...)
The first course was a tower of Kobe beef, Miso Marinated Chilean Sea Bass with Peruvian large corn, and an amazing blue crabcake. Kasha wasnt used to using chopsticks so i fed her until they brought her a fork. the next course was a sashimi, yellow tail and ceviche' tuna. the presentation was impeccable as the plates were the opposite color of the cuisine thus giving a Yin Yang effect. the last course was sushi samba's signature rolls, we had a tuna with lime cilantro and an amazing salmon skin roll with chicken tempura within... AMAZING! Kasha and i were impressed with how great the service was and i tipped the guy accordingly.

Kasha and i walked to the train chatting and talking bout Polish cuisine (pierogies, and all the variations)psycho vegetarian roommates, and the Yankees. She has never been to Yankee stadium which in itself is something i have to remedy.
i am shocked by how strongly i feel for her only after 2 dates. she is amazing. I havent had these strong feelings for anyone since Kryptonite and yet its so soon. We just click and i thank god for putting her in my PATH (no pun intended). I didnt have to put up a facade or act any differently.

On the train i surprised her as i scored two tickets to the ALDS Yanks vs twins at Yankee Stadium on wednesday and she was excited so tomorrow we are hanging again.

Life may be getting more interesting for POP...

be great... duplicate
POP