Thursday, September 30, 2004

Day 15- Secaucus, Sushi Samba, and Kasha is polish for Catherine

The inner eyelid is your best friend when you are trying to sleep. when you are trying to wake up the ceiling is your worst enemy. The gym beckoned for some cardio as i wanted to bang out 45 minutes of treadmill glory. One of my gym friends this lady with 2 kids came by and we were watching Katie Couric on Today and discussing how much she interrupts every guest. we counted almost 15 per guest on average. When i got back to my apartment i showered and called a car because i had to head to secaucus for a work thing. it seems that people werent throwing out boxes when shipping items to our data center there so the people at AT&T where our backup items are they considered it a "fire hazard". I took some pictures and cleaned these items up and left in under 30 minutes ($50 cost to my company for cab to and fro)


I headed into the office and had a long arduous day. Poor Mikey had to deal with all these issues with new hires and forms and stuff so we were going back and forth on what we can do to remedy. that is the dregs of being a remote satellite office the whispers in the wind only end getting heard later. After work i walked down Park avenue and was thinking what would be a cool place to grab a bite and to the left i noticed Sushi Samba. I had read about sushi samba and couldnt think of a better idea mixing brazilian and japanese ingredients which are two of my favorite food styles. I sat at the sushi bar next to two very attractive latin girls who were in some type of talent business as they discussed "bookings" and "dress rehearsals" etc. i had an amazing tuna, salmon, asparagus roll with a lime cilantro wasabi sauce. it was absolutely wonderful the way the tastes just danced on my taste buds. Next course was a Chicken Terryaki "Samba style" it was a light terryaki (not sticky very soy and rice wined) with roasted summer veggies. I enjoyed how the chicken was seared and the meat was cooked on the bone then hacked for presentation. The service was excellent as well, the waiter was attentive but not annoying
Dangats scale 7 out of 10, expensive but recommended

I walked to the 14th street path and went to the newport mall to get some last minute things for ro's visit. Going back into the train station i noticed a very attractive girl on the platform. She was about 5'8, long dark hair, great body and was looking at me. i adjusted my clothing and dived in to try and make conversation thinking to myself (dont ask desperate, just be friendly) we made small talk about the train and its late arrival and she said its been that way for 2 1/2 years. she told me she had just left work (tutti pasta in Hoboken) i told her that my cousin Bobby worked there once and the owner went to school with my aunt (bobby didnt like it and left after a day... SHHH DONT TELL HER) She told me her name was Kasha which is Catherine in Polish and asked what my name was (interest level going up!!)i told her as the train arrived and we boarded. She lives alone in Journal square and i told her i live alone in the Gotham building. right before grove i was like well i guess we can talk again if i buy some grappa or sambucca (shes a bartender at Tutti Pasta) at TP, she said i'd like to talk to you earlier than that here's my number (AND I DIDNT EVEN ASK!!!!!!!!) off the train i went with number in hand, smile on face, and a new opportunity for a friend.

be great... duplicate
POP