Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Day 7- a week of Blogging and a stressful day


Well dearest eyeball that views this page your in for a treat. This is my 7th day of blogging and i havent gotten sick of it yet so here we go!!!

SEGUE TIME: The place we ate was near where i used to work at Comedy (Broadway between 57th and 58th) called Vinyl Diner and the memories swarmed around me like a swarm of flies so thick i felt like swatting them away with my hand. The N train gets off in that area when i used to come in from Astoria and smell the frittatas being made at Europa cafe. its a pungent egg and garlic smell that no matter what time of year, Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall always smells the same (not as pungent as Selkes GARLIC EGG SURPRISE) . I used to stop next door to there and get my boss and mentor at Comedy Vic Soto a croissant and chocolate milk because he was so good to me. Walking from 57th to 58th to 1775 i felt invincible and couldnt wait to start working. When did that feeling stop???

*END SEGUE*

Steve started talking about Politics and Religion (any etiquette book says IXNAY on teh ELIGIONRAY and OLITICSPAY!) i noticed both Roy and Rob kind of uncomfortable because they didnt want to comment yeah or nay. We said goodbye to Rob and Roy and headed back to Chrysler East and Steve was mumbling all the way about gay gay gay New York.. gay gay gay... San Francisco..... gay gay gay.... work, work, work.... negative negative..

Let me set the record straight. Steven isnt all that bad. He is highly intelligent and i enjoy speaking to him when its just about intellectual pursuits. He is well read and has good grammar. We (coworkers, peers, and others) usually just ignore the bad because he lets us do our job and is great at getting folks to cut the bullshit and let my coworkers and I get work accomplished.

We headed to Blue Water grille (thanks Chris for taking me here, great restaurant) and had a great seafood platter of shrimp and lobster and for dinner i had Tuna and veggies then i gave Steven my metrocard (it only had 4 bucks left) so he could get back to his hotel and as i walked away i noticed this buzzing that had been in my ears for the majority of the day had fell silent. it seemed that New York was a bit quieter. thank god for subways, a silent Steve, and 3 Vodka martini's to inebriate.