Monday, October 25, 2004

Day 35 - the best laid plans of mice and men

Judging by the response i got from the last blog... you guys are reading the blog and liking it.

The Kasia issue is now vapor as i made it an issue that really wasn't. it seems that while i was typing the last blog my phone had completely died as the battery charger is not working well. I got a vmail and a text message the next morning while i was on my way to drop off some movies at blockbuster. Kasia called me and we spoke briefly and i told her i'd see her later as she wanted to call her Mom as she does ever saturday.


Im my way back from Blockbuster i decided to head over to Hoboken cigars to have a couple of nice hand rolled. the roller BOMBA has always greeted me the same way. "How Ju doie, Danny?" Good bomba thanks for asking. Univision blared in the background as dozens of gorgeous latin girls danced. Bomba showed me his baseball card, he used to play for the Detroit Tigers in 1983. I told him everytime i came into the store i took pictures of him and i want to make him a poster someday with all the pictures his baseball card and the hoboken cigar company logo. After a glass of Port and 3 cigars (2 Cognac and one Arturo Fuente Robusto) i thought to myself Is heaven Hoboken cigars on a lazy saturday with a cognac cigar and the show CALIENTE on ... I think so.

On Sunday- Kasia and i met Bobby for Brunch. i had some fruit and yogurt and both Kasia and i had egg whites. Bobby had some great pancakes and we had a good time making fun of the waiter who fucked up on pronouncing the special. Bobby had to practice for a gig and so Kasia and i made our way to the PATH train as i had band practice so i had to take the train to Hawthorne. We had a terrible practice. I broke a string and there was various fuckups all around. After practice Akil, Dino, Yoko and i went for dinner at this pizza place we always go to. Fresta joined us and we were talking about laying cable (aka taking a dump) as we ate SOOOOO MUCH. even Akil, i was proud of him as he never eats! After dinner we stopped at the Mobil near Dino's to grab coffee. I love Green mountain coffee and its the only place i've seen around that has it and those great international flavored creamers (CHEAT DAYS RULE!) i had a pumpkin spice with 1 amaretto and 1 french vanilla creamers. it was a delicacy. Back at Dino's we chilled until 9:45. Dino's dad came downstairs and we were joking around about the usual shit. its so funny that I look so forward to not only practicing with MM as the band is so fun to play with but its also the before and after hanging with Dino and family. My thought is if you dont have a good base of friends and family around to keep you sane no matter how much money or material things you have it means nothing. if you told me i'd give you $10,000 and you cant chill with your buddies and talk about dogs shitting on your foot or hanging with cousins and talking about the best Proscutto y Mozzarella sandwich you ever had. I'd tell you take that money and see much of it you can stuff up your ass to become a human pinata.


p.s. Kasia got the champagne said about the truffles "they are the best thing i have ever had" you are my MISIOU "Polish for Teddy Bear".... IM A SAP FOR POLISH CHICKS!!

be great duplicate
POP