Sunday, January 23, 2005

97 ways to enjoy your evening

A very dear friend of mine and i shared an evening of catching up, dinner, hats and a lot of mirror gazing. 97 (throughout this blog this is what u she will be refered as) looked sad when i first saw her i understand why and my heart goes out to her. she has suffered a loss which i cannot place into words. she is coping in the best way she can and that is good no matter what our history is I want the best for her. We met at the Heartland Brewery in the empire state building. I waited at the bar for her whilest playing my best game of vegas stakes solitaire on my Palm Pilot. i noticed a tap on my shoulder as i was about to draw another card from the deck and it was her. we grabbed a seat and ordered. we had some catching up talk with the usual suspects were said "how have you been" "hows new job etc" we had a nice dinner and the waiter was a bit of a dick so i poured on the sarcasm. She got me a hat that was my style which matched what i was wearing perfectly. I excused myself and headed downstairs to wash my hands and drain the weasel, as i headed back upstairs i noticed she had her head buried in her hands and my heart sank. how is it that this person who has meant so much to me can feel so much grief and suffering. i wanted to cradle her and tell her that everything would be fine but knowing her and how she is i know she wouldnt allow me to do that for sake of revealing too much of her emotions. i kinda waited a bit til she composed herself a little and sat down and uttered not one word except for "are u ok?" she said she was fine. we left and went to the comic store and then each headed home, friendship renewed but so much revealed in so little a time.

97 will always be the one whom all will be measured. she is my first love, my truest love, my sincerest love. we have moved on in life and forged something that always eluded us beyond our mutual admiration and respect and that is the power of friendship in turbulent times. although our dreams never worked out the way we wanted, life happened and to this i am greatful to god for blessing the earth with her.

be great....duplicate
POP