Monday, January 10, 2005

Kanye West and Quiznos


I am mystified by rap and hip hop these days. back in the day we had Eric B and Rakim, LL COOL J, RUN DMC, Beastie Boys, EPMD, Cypress Hill, and my fave Wu-tang Clan (ODB RIP). I had given up all hope in hip hop with all this BLING BLING, Frat boy loving shit, Eminem has no skillz.... then ALONG COMES KANYE WEST and Outkast and i think this is right, this is forwarding the medium of Rap and taking it back to basics. it isnt about what gold you have, how many furs or aligator shoes you got and it AINT THE PIMP JUICE in the Pimp chalice. take it from this white boy, if you are or arent a fan of rap listen to Jesus Walks and tell me this man isnt gifted.

Today Courtney, Jody, and I went to lunch we took two pitstops to each of Jody and Courtney's banks. We headed to Quiznos and on the way i brought up the blog, Jody made a comment about me writing boringly "today My band practiced etc" NOOOO JODY lets talk instead about how when we got to Quiznos and the register guy fucked up my order. The order number was going higher and higher. i was 3270, i heard "3275-3283.. at 3285 I HAD ENOUGH so i was like WHAT THE FUCK, it was obvious the guy behind the counter whipped my sandwich through while Jody finished his sammich i cant blame the kid he was hungry. Courtney told me she saw Life Aquatic. I like the director as he did Rushmore and the Royal Tannenbaums. i also found out hes bringing my favorite childhood book Fantastic Mr Fox to life which is great as hes a great Director (wes anderson) A good story about Fantastic Mr. Fox, one day my mom was looking at my book shelf and saw the cover she said to me in italian the FOX with no tail, this was my favorite book in Italy.... strange how what my mom loves i in turn love as well. I guess the apple doesnt fall far from the tree.

be great....duplicate
POP